Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baby Bastian Boy

Okay I just can't get over that. Luthien just can't get enough of you these days, and she can't just call you Bastian. It's only "baby Bastian boy." Except when you are nursing, then she's not so fond of you.

Finally went to get you checked out at the doctor today, and no surprise you were doing just fine. Here are the stats:

Length: 24.6, 55th percentile
Weight: 13 lbs 15 oz, 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 41.2, 45th percentile

Your percentile scores and even your weight really surprised me, but then I reminded myself how bad percentile rankings are. You feel enormous to me, and even if I were being a wimp, almost everyone comments on how long you are. Oh well, either way, you are perfect to me!!

You had a couple days where your reflux issue was very out of control and a little scary, but we are good again now.

I need to also tell you that you hate your carseat. No, I mean HATE your carseat. I thought Luthien was bad when she was a baby, but this is bad.

You are very smiley and becoming very verbal just like your sister was. You are experimenting with all kinds of vowel sounds, and love when we echo them back. Whenever we go anywhere people always say what a perfect baby you seem to be. I told myself I will never tell anyone that. You are good Bastian, and definitely easier than Luthien, but not that good :) I guess the only problem we have is that you can't be sat down anywhere for very long, we always have to be holding you. As long as we are holding you you are happy. Totally understandable for a baby, I know, but difficult when we have so much going on, and when there's another sibling involved. Wraps/slings only go so far. But of course I continue to hold you- I love it, and it's our job as parents.

You are rolling! You don't do it all the time, but it has happened enough now that I can say it officially. Every so often we would walk in during a nap and you'd be on your back after we'd put you to sleep on your tummy. But it's happened more often, and, unfortunately the other day it resulted in you falling off the bed :( You were fine, but it goes to show how far/much you can roll, because you were in the middle of the queen sized bed to begin with!

We love you Bastian boy, I can't wait to show you pictures of how you've grown!

-Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment