Here are some pictures from the last couple months (since New Years):
You seem very close to walking these days, and sometimes you'll take your hand off of whatever it is you are using to steady yourself and stand by yourself (once you realize you're doing that, though, you get very worried and quickly grab on to something or cry). You just need a little more confidence and I really think you could walk!
You are a very smiley, happy little boy but I can never get you to show off your 7, almost 8 teeth for the camera! You are always too stunned by the flash of the camera I guess.
And finally, playing with your sister...you now understand her name and get very excited when you see her after being apart for any span of time. We refer to her as "Lu Lu" for you for now, and when we say her name and see her in the morning or after naps you wave your arms and babble away.
More new developments:
1) You respond to your own name consistently
2) You've replaced your army scoot with a real crawl!
3) You have started imitating the words/phrases "light," "all done," and "so big"
4) The only words I can confidently add to the list of words you are already comprehending are "eat," "water," and "up" (other than "Lu Lu" and the words mentioned in the previous post, which you are still consistently understanding). I think you may understand "drink," "potty" and a few more, but I want to be more sure before saying for sure!
5) Fine motor skills are improving with picking up finger foods and other small objects
6) You can drink from a straw!
7) More variations in your vowel sounds (variegated babbling), but you are still only using initial consonant sounds d, b, and m (the latter only when sad). There were a few days where I almost went crazy because you were repeating "da" over and over, all day long, but then you started changing things up a little bit again- I did look back at Luthien's blog and confirmed she had a lot more consonants at this age, but I always thought she was very verbal from a young age- no comparisons, I promise :)
I love you sweet boy, please sleep well tonight!